Federal and State Accountability Ratings
The state of Texas via the Texas Education Agency (TEA) provides annual academic accountability ratings to its public school districts and schools. Beginning last year, all multi-campus school districts and charters received an accountability rating based on an A–F scale. The Colmesneil Independent School District (CISD) received a letter grade of "B". Districts received a grade or rating based on performance in three areas:
- Student Achievement measures what students know and can do by the end of the year. It includes results from state assessments across all subjects for all students, on both general and alternate assessments, College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators, like AP and ACT results, and graduation rates.
- School Progress measures how much better students are doing on the STAAR test this year versus last year, and how much better students are doing academically relative to schools with similar percentages of economically disadvantaged students.
- Closing the Gaps looks at performance among student groups, including various racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds and other factors.
Seventy percent of the accountability rating is based on the better of Student Achievement or Student Progress (whichever is better is the only performance measure counted in the calculations). The remaining 30 percent is based on performance in the Closing the Gaps area. Here is the link to the state's A-F Letter Grade Accountability website: A-F Resources.
Colmesneil ISD District and Campus Accountability Ratings - Note: This link includes the accountability ratings, as well as the data used to determine the ratings for each campus and district. The site also shows the distinction designations earned by each campus.
- Colmesneil ISD District Report - Search by District Name.
- Colmesneil ISD Campus Reports - Search by Campus Name.
- *Here is a link to more detailed District and Campus Accountability Reports: 2019 Accountability Reports. Again, you will need to search by District and Campus Name. There are at least a dozen reports you can choose from to review.
2018-2019 Colmesneil ISD District and Campus State and Accountability Ratings:
- Colmesneil ISD - Letter Grade of "B".
- Colmesneil JH/HS - Letter Grade of "B".
- Colmesneil Elementary - Letter Grade of "D".
Federal Report Card
- Parent Notification of Federal Report Card-English
- Parent Notification of Federal Report Card - Spanish
- Federal Report Card Description - English
- Federal Report Card Description - Spanish
- Federal Report Card-State
- Federal Report Card-District
- Federal Report Card-Elementary
- Federal Report Card-JH/HS
Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
The Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR) pull together a wide range of information annually on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas. The reports provide extensive information on staff, programs, and demographics for each school and district.
Texas School Report Card (SRC)
The School Report Card (SRC) combines accountability ratings, data from the Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR), and financial information to give a broad view of campus performance. Available for each campus in Texas, the SRC is intended specifically to inform parents and guardians about a school’s individual characteristics and its academic performance.
- School Report Cards - Search by Campus Name
- 2018-2019 Colmesneil Elementary School Report Card
- 2018-2019 Colmesneil JH/HS School Report Card
Campus and District Improvement Plans
Campus Improvement Plans (CIP) and District Improvement Plans (DIP) are comprehensive plans that include all of the activities of an LEA/campus. The improvement plan guidance in this document is designed to help develop a targeted plan to address areas of low performance as stated in TEC §39.106 (d) and 19 TAC §97.1071.
The following Executive Summary Reports are linked below as PDF files: