Dear Parents and Guardians of our Bulldog Graduates,
We are pleased that we will be able to conduct graduation ceremonies on May 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM in our stadium. However, we have many restrictions that we must adhere to so we are in compliance with the Governor’s Decree. Anyone that does not meet the requirements will not be allowed to attend the ceremony.
- All attendees, graduates, family, and guests, must sign a form attesting that they have not been exposed to or have had the virus within the month prior to the graduation ceremony and that they have none of the symptoms listed on the form. Forms will be given to your child along with the wristband for entry into the stadium. The form must be given to a staff member the night of the ceremony and each guest will be asked additional questions by a CISD staff member. Each guest will have their temperature checked for any indication of a fever. Masks are recommended but not required.
- Each student will receive 10 wristbands for their family. According to the Decree, only 5 people can sit together so families will be split up if more than 5 in one family attend. The bleachers in the stadium will be marked off and guests will only be able to sit in the designated areas. We must exercise social distancing at all times.
- Students will report to the gym where they will be given instructions on entering the stadium. A health check will be done on each student. There will be no rehearsals prior to the ceremony. Social distancing will be enforced.
- Families will remain in their car until they are escorted into the stadium and to their seats. Both sides of the stadium will be used.
- Students will not be permitted to throw their caps at the end of the ceremony.
- No group pictures will be permitted while on campus. Please wait until you are off of school property to take pictures or mingle in groups outside of the student’s family.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, families will be dismissed row by row to return to their vehicles. They will wait inside their vehicle for their Graduate to be released to join them. At that time, the family must leave the premises.
- In case of inclement weather, all families will remain in their car. Each senior and their family will be called into the gym where your senior will receive their diploma and have a picture taken. Once each family leaves, the next family will be escorted in.
All the CISD staff understand your frustration and disappointment with our current circumstances. Unfortunately, it is not a decision that the district has any control over. We are mandated with carrying out the Decree of the Governor and unless he makes changes prior to our ceremonies, we must abide by the rules he has set out.
If you have specific questions regarding the ceremony please call the high school campus.I am looking forward to honoring our Graduates.